Friday, September 28, 2007
I want to make this:
The knitter who designed it named this sweater Matilda Jane. She also designed a shrug she named Briar Rose. I am glad I am not the only one who names her knitting projects. I am currently working on a wrap I've named Arwen, a hat called Melrose, and fingerless gloves that are tentatively named Pavarti. I also finished a scarf recently that I called Trini Blue, after an old friend of mine that is either very very pregnant, or has given birth to her baby girl very very recently. The scarf is blue and sparkly, and I plan on giving it to her whenever I get to meet the baby.
I am also attempting to knit a pair of fingerless gloves that I've called Moo's rocker girl glovies. They are hard, and I am not speaking to them right now.
There are a few more projects that I hopeto make pre-Wales/pre-Christmas. A little something for me, and a little something for under the tree.
What projects are you working on right now? Any Christmas gifts in the making?
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
I have been feeling very inspired by Elsie lately. She posted some pics on her blog today about featuring some sidewalk chalk fun from the weekend, and for some reason I interpreted that as "I must draw on my hand today." Wierd how creativity works.
Also bought two new cd's today: a Hellogoodbye cd with a song that has my name in it, and a Lily Allen cd.
Talk to you later, kids.
Love YOU! ; )
Sunday, September 23, 2007
You're Anne of Green Gables!
by L.M. Montgomery
Bright, chipper, vivid, but with the emotional fortitude of cottage cheese, you make quite an impression on everyone you meet. You're impulsive, rash, honest, and probably don't have a great relationship with your parents. People hurt your feelings constantly, but your brazen honestly doesn't exactly treat others with kid gloves. Ultimately, though, you win the hearts and minds of everyone that matters. You spell your name with an E and you want everyone to know about it.
Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.
I love Anne! She's always been a hero of mine, and Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books.Speaking of books...
I also highly reccomend Yes Man, by Danny Wallace. I just finished reading it, and I loved it because it was funny, clever, and suprising. Plus, it was written by a quirky British guy, which satisfies the anglophile in me. AND, the main character totally reminded me of my favorite British Guy, which was even better. A little "tide-me-over" until Christmas. : ) Now, I'm on to a silly chick lit book called Weekend in Paris. Won't be as good as Yes Man, I'm pretty sure, but I can't imagine something that will be right now.
This bookcase has a few of my all time favorite books on it:
It includes: The Harry Potter Books, Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials Trilogy, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Giver, The Outsiders, and some graphic novels. I have more books, but they are on other bookshelves. This pic is also another little glimpse of the re-arrangement my room has gone through lately.
What are your favorite books?
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Things have been pretty lazy around here lately, at least for me. And the kitties.
It's been so nice to have some time off. It's well deserved and thoroughly enjoyed. The house has been enjoying it too. It's been getting all kinds of little special treatments. : )
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Sunday, September 16, 2007
From the top left corner, across:
- The yellow paper with a sun moon combo drawn on it. Ceja drew it at work, then gave it to me. It's held up by magnets from Muse Picasso in Barcelona.
- A pic of me, KayKay and Tiff taken just a week-ish before The Picture People closed for good. : (
- Official Altar Boyz magnet I got free for taking a survey.
- Schedule of classes at the gym. I decorated it with markers I got in my gift bag at Delaney's birthday
Bottom Left Corner, Across:
- How I Met Your Mother ad from a magazine. It starts new again next week, and we cheered Neil Patrick Harris on tonight as he was nominated for an Emmy. You don't watch it? How is not watching How I Met Your Mother? Because watching it is awesome! Seriously, How I Met Your Mother is a fresh, awesome show. It reminds me of the first few years of Friends. Here is a legendary essay about it, it you're interested.
- A pic of Mandy Moore from cool photo shoot in an old-ish issue of Jane Magazine. Various stars were supposed to spell their crimes out on boards as if they were taking mugshots. Mandy Moore's crime? "Singer of Candy." (a really silly, cheesey song.)
- J and M magnets. Move in pressie from Marissa! J is fr Jaime and M is for Marissa, but JM is also my initials.
- Pics from a party Christina Aguilera threw for her husband. I love her, and it looks like they are really having fun together! We like that her husband is dorky, but cute too. Page ripped out from a magazine.
- Oliver's beer and wine tasting schedule. Held up with a martini magnet, for good measure.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Some of my Flikr Faves! I love how I can actually see my personality in this faves compilation.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Anyway, Ashley probably gets the title of this post. These photos are of a cool band called Art Brut (courtsey of their myspace). They have a song that includes the lyrics:
"Modern art makes me want to rock out!"
- Expose my friends to the fabulousness of the media I enjoy.
- Get new friends.
- Stop acting like such a dork.
- Stop caring that people look at me like I am crazy when I quote things they don't get.
Any suggestions? : )
- To dive under the table if there is an earthquake.
- To run out the front door if there is a fire.
- To finish making the pasta I have started. A girl's gotta eat!
- To put a DVD in the DVD Player.
- To get my book or cell phone out of my purse, which is on the dining room table.
I will NOT be getting up for the following reasons:
- To get my notebook out of the car so I can work on articles I need to write. There will be ample time tomorrow.
- To return the videos that are already overdue.
- To burn photos onto a cd.
- To do laundry.
Things I am looking forward to doing while on the couch:
- Eating Pasta King pesto.
- Reading Yes Man by Danny Wallace.
- Watching the Girls Next Door at 10pm.
- Maybe watching Under the Tuscon Sun. Maybe it will curb my current desire to leave the country and never come back.
- Having tea.
Oh, and on a slightly strange and definitely random note, I have decided to be Holly for Halloween. : ) (Thanks for all the advice in the previous post, gals.) Holly and Bridget were in my dream last night, and they helped me put together my costume. Oh, and I asked Holly what Playboy jewelry I should get from Spencers to best communicate Holly, not random Playboy Bunny. She reccomended the charm braclelet she designed, and I agreed. The bracelet is actually at Spencers, BTW.
Anyone get my title and first line reference?
Friday, September 07, 2007
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Monday, September 03, 2007
- Meeting his family. Finally!
- Goin' out with the girlies!
- Wearing a bow on my head on Christmas. I will technically be his Christmas present and should adorn myself appropriately.
- Bringing California wine to Wales to give to all my dear ones.
- Buying Christmas ornaments at Harrods.
- Seeing castles.
- Taking Wind Street by storm again. Ahhh... the good old days.
- Teltelys, sausage rolls, Sunday dinners, cadburys...
- Taking cool pictures.
- Riding the London Eye. Never did it!
- Going to the Tower of London. Never did that either!
- Taking a nice drive around the Welsh countryside. I didn't get to see much that you couldn't see by train last time!
One of my fave pics from the last time I was in Wales, just for the heck of it!
Add this following bit of information to my previous post: I am also an etsy addict. I love browsing etsy for inspiration, and yes, of course, doing a little shopping. I bought this and this yesterday for my room.
These are some of my favorite things for sale right now. Can't wait to set up my own shop, but got to have a good selection of stuff to sell first!