Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My Lifetime Goals (preliminary draft)

Ashley and I have been having lenghty discussions about our individual life goals lately. In response to the confusion I have been about what I want to do with my life, he suggested that I make a list of my goals. From this list, I hope to gain focus, direction, and a faint clue as to what I should do next! : ) Some categories are very precise because I know exactly what I want from them, but others are less clear. Though I know I want each goal I have listed to be a part of my life, I don't know the details on how I want each of them to work out.

Here is my current list:

1.Get Married.
Have a loving, healthy, happy, and committed marriage with the love of my life.

2.Have Children.
Have 2-3 kids within my marriage (see above). Adoption is an option, but I would love to carry my children if possible.

3.Have a Career.
Enjoy and take pride in the work I do. Work in a creative profession. Enjoy my workplace envirnment.

4.Be financially Sound.
Practice good financial habits in order to provide for my family and help us do the thigs we want to do in life (buy a home, travel, pay for college, etc.).

5.Create A Home.
Buy a home. Create an environment that my kids want to invite their friends to. Express myself artistically and creatively in the house. Maintain a resonably well organized house.

6.Be Healthy.
Maintain a hppy, healthy, and attractive body.

7.Live Internationally.
At least one more time! : )

8.Travel.
Travel experiences I wish to take part in include, but certainly aren't limited to the following:
African Safari, Australia, Hawaii (snorkeling and coffee plantation), Washington D.C. (Holocaust Museum), Prince Edward Island, Prague, Amsterdam, Aushwitz, The Wall of China, Kyoto and Tokyo, The Northern Lights, Amish Country...

9.Write a Book.
The details are still fuzzy on this one.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Oh, I am so glad you found my blog. I miss you girl. You were always one of my favorites. Come to a crop sometime.